You all know how attached we were to DC - and in fact returning here after more than two years had the same pleasent feeling of returning home.
Here there are a few of the things that made me feel home in these days…
- Glimpsing the Washington Monument from the Memorial Bridge arriving from the airport*
- “How are you today?!”
- “Single or double?” (at the bar, referred to the espresso)
- Discovering that my Smart-trip card (my metro card) is still functioning (and still has credit on it!)
- Managing not to get lost while driving in town (thanks Carito for lending me your car!)
- Lunch at Cosi, brunch at The Diner, ice-cream at Pitango
- Grocery at Whole Food
- To meet deer while jogging along the Potomac at the sunset
- Squirrels in the parks
- Finding the same flower street vendor in Farragut Square
I still have difficulties in identifying which place I should call home. But certainly, even if it is not home anymore, even if I think it won’t be home anymore, a piece of our heart is here in DC…
(*) Cfr. this picture with the last picture I took in DC two years ago.